CARDS AS GIFTS (and I don't mean "Gift Cards")

I LOVE sending mail and getting mail in the actual physical mailbox.
I believe writing a hand written greeting is becoming extinct. I refuse to let that happen. One of the first things I taught my boys was the art of writing the "Thank you" card. Not a text, not an email, not a pre-written "Thank You", but actually writing the words with meaning!

I think I get my love of card writing from my grandmother. She would send a card as a sentiment for all sorts of things. I knew purchasing these cards, not to mention the stamps, could be expensive, so I got the idea to box up an assortment of cards to send. When stores would have going out of business sales, I would purchase a pile of various cards, often at 90% off. Dollar Stores have nice cards, 2 for $1, as well. I would put them in a box, along with a book of stamps and some cute, colorful stickers and attach this note:


" A box of cards to send,
I thought would be the perfect gift
Because you're the kind of person
Who likes to give others a lift!"

It was a hit! I started doing this for many people I know and I love the smile it brings them and all the people who receive the cards.
For the past couple years I have been obsessing over a site called Zazzle. www.zazzle.com
I have created the most wonderful products on this site but my favorite are the cards. Often they have 50% off cards or $10 gifts to spend if you sign up. Around the Christmas holiday, cards are 75% off!
Try it, you'll be amazed at what you can create.

Sending a postcard from St. Peter's Basilica
Cherry Republic PO in Glen Arbor, MI


















xoxo

"And none will hear the postman's knock without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten." 
W. H. Auden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to Browse my Blog. Your comments mean the world to me and I treasure each and every one!! If you are a non-reply blogger I won’t be able to respond via email. Kindness and Love, xo

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS